Helping our most vulnerable older adults to remain in their homes and community
For more than 30 years, we have provided social services support to seniors from Washington Heights, Inwood and West Harlem. Each year we continue to help more than 1,000 seniors in the community.
Services help isolated, frail, at-risk and underserved older adults remain safely in their homes and maintain their independence and quality of life. Social workers assess individual needs and suggest services to meet those needs.
Social Services include:
• Home visits and in-home safety evaluations
• Referral and follow-up for home care services and Meals on Wheels
• Support benefits and entitlement counseling
• Crisis intervention
• Eviction prevention
• Escort to housing court and city agencies
• Elder abuse prevention
• Screenings, support and referrals for depression, alcohol and drug issues
• In-home appointments available
A Daily Money Management program assists with paying bills and organizing important paperwork and can include more intensive financial management services such as serving as Social Security Representative Payee. Emergency funds may be available for threat of eviction, utility shutoff or medical needs not covered by insurance.
Services are in English and Spanish.
Open Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
For more information, call Social Services Director at (212) 927-5600, ext. 124.